BREAKING! Chicago Tax Day Tea Party Pictures!

April 15, 2009

UPDATE III: We have posted an in-depth video report that examines the Chicago Tea Party from the inside out. It includes the video CNN has forbidden us to show to you. Check it out.

UPDATE II: For those of you arriving here from Democratic Underground to see the image of the ‘Obama as Hitler’ sign, please click here to view our interview with the man in the photo.

Here are some shots from the tax day tea party in Chicago. More pics and video to come. Check back!

More Chicago pictures here.

Here is Chicago Breaking News coverage with video.

Gateway Pundit has St. Louis coverage - 10,000 at Tax Day Tea Party Protest! (Video)

Tags: , , , , , ,

65 Responses to BREAKING! Chicago Tax Day Tea Party Pictures!

1. [...] Chicago via Founding Bloggers: [...]

2. Brian on April 15, 2009 at 5:23 pm

Conservative signs are so much better than liberal ones! Funny, great messages, and fewer personal attacks. Notice no comparing Obama to Hitler, Stalin, etc. or death wishes like the left did to Bush in their rallies. I realize these were bipartisan in nature, but let’s not kid ourselves that the attendees were more conservative at least fiscally.
    Great job!

3. Gene on April 15, 2009 at 5:29 pm

We have a FASCISTIC, SOCIALISTIC COMMUNIST PRESIDENT WHO IS ARROGANT, SMALL MINDED, MEAN, JEALOUS OF ACHIEVERS, ANTI CHRISTIAN, ANTI LIFE AND A REDISTRIBUTIONIST.
    THIS IS STILL AMERICA AND IT IS THE LAND OF THE FREE AND THE HOME OF THE BRAVE NOT THE LAND OF MONEY GRABBING, COMMUNISTIC, POWER HUNGRY DEMOCRATS LED BY THE TRAVESTY WHO IS OUR PRESIDENT!

4. Katja on April 15, 2009 at 5:39 pm

My photos from the event can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/linnapaw/sets/72157616730409715/

5. TG Chicago on April 15, 2009 at 5:40 pm

Brian said: “Notice no comparing Obama to Hitler, Stalin, etc. or death wishes like the left did to Bush in their rallies.”

I think you need to re-check that 6th photo, Brian. “The American taxpayers are the Jews for Obama’s ovens” isnt a comparison to Hitler? And what about all the socialism and Russian flags? Also, I walked around this rally and saw another sign with Obama as Hitler, saying he’s Muslim, and one especially troubling sign that said “Majority ruled by minority is wrong!”

I’ve been to a number of protests in the Chicago federal plaza and this had no fewer nutjobs than the left-leaning protests I’ve seen.

6. Gustavo Arpegio on April 15, 2009 at 6:03 pm

TG —

“No fewer nutjobs?” Those people appear to have far more sanity than the present governmental administration.

7. leftoverbacon on April 15, 2009 at 6:11 pm

Really disappointing rally folks.

What was billed as a NON-partisan rally about excessive taxation and irresponsible government, turned out to be a rally around the GOP and Obama bashing.

I have little love for Obama and the fascist policies of Bush/Paulson that he is continuing, but this crowd was not at all open minded.

I was overwhelmed with GOP vitriol.

These corporate bailouts, where the private institutions get bailed out by the government and get to keep the profits, is FASCISM, not Socialism.

When I tried to make the point to a person with an anti-Obama sign that GWB STARTED the fascist bailouts, I was told to “get my own protest.”

This was NOT an all-inclusive non-partisan protest like it was billed.

Very sad. This day makes me cry for America.

At least the folks on 4/11 were open to discussion and were interested in forming a coalition.

I must repeat. I do not support Socialism.

These bailouts are not socialism, The bailouts are FASCISM.

I will continue my efforts to educate the uniformed.

Jingoism will not set us free.

God bless the USA. We need it.

Rick

8. leftoverbacon on April 15, 2009 at 6:23 pm

I must add that I was personally threatened on several occasions.

I was told to “find my own rally.”

I was asked where I attended college, and was ridiculed for my response.

This was by NO means an INCLUSIVE group.

The vast majority of folks did not want to hear any criticism of the Republican party. Without the Republicans, the bailouts never would have happened. Where was the fiscal conservatism the past 8 years?

Is there no room for a middle ground in this country?

Does it always have to be me vs. you?

Don’t people realize that we had a revolution to throw off the oppression of the Oligarchy?

We’re becoming more and more like post-soviet russia, and it’s not Obamas fault. He’s just running with the ball that was passed to him.

Really, the Right needs to get back to its roots.

If you’re a billionaire, you’re not on this board and THOSE are the folks who are gaming the system.

Soros, Gecko, they’re the same to me. They do not have the interest of the everyman in their hearts.

Revolutions have started over smaller inequities.

American needs to wake the f up. Rush and the echo chamber cares not about your well being.

God bless us all. I hope you enjoy your Nation ID card. Terror Terror! TERROR!

9. Tea Pary round-up « The Daley Gator on April 15, 2009 at 6:43 pm

[...] Founding Bloggers has lots of photos from Chicago. Some excellent signs! [...]

10. leftoverbacon on April 15, 2009 at 7:15 pm

Hey Brian,

I saw MANY signs that compared Obama to Stalin, and I received many personal threats because I wasn’t supporting the Brown Shirt program.

really really disappointed in this rally. Since I didn’t tow the party line 100% I was ostracized.

Again, I am neither a libtard, nor a wingnut, but today I, being of the middle ground, was not welcome.

Rick

11. ChicagoJenn on April 15, 2009 at 7:17 pm

I wasn’t able to go downtown today, but I was there in spirit. Unlike the folks who think the gov’t will pay their mortgage, gas, and give their children free college education, my spouse and I were working so we can pay our mortgage, gas, and put money away so our child can go to college. Being self-employed, we also pay our own healthcare, dental, and put money away for retirement. Is there anyone out there like us?? Does anyone like us still exist? Or are we just suckers??

12. Me on April 15, 2009 at 8:32 pm

…I went with a friend to the Chicago Tea Party today and took these pictures…

13. Chester White on April 15, 2009 at 8:35 pm

“Hey Brian,

Rick”

“I must add that I was personally threatened on several occasions.

I was told to “find my own rally.”

I was asked where I attended college, and was ridiculed for my response.

This was by NO means an INCLUSIVE group.

Because I disagreed with some of the GOP talking points I was told that I was a member of ACORN!? WTF?”

These guys are LYING LYING LYING. No such “brown shirt” business was in evidence. No one was threatened or called names. There was one hapless ACORN goof there and he was pretty much ignored and laughed at.

I was there, and my videos are at http://www.youtube.com/webcambooks.

14. Steve White on April 15, 2009 at 8:57 pm

Sounds like Mr. ‘leftoverbacon’ is one of those website and rally provocateurs we’ve been warned about. He’s ‘middle ground’ and puts up three posts about what fascists everyone was at the rally.

Who’s paying you, son?

15. Dusty on April 15, 2009 at 9:08 pm

That was a great bunch of posters at the rally. There ought to be a contest for the July 4th ones.

16. Fresh Air on April 15, 2009 at 9:15 pm

Lot of “concerned conservatives” astroturfing these comments. Poor Rick didn’t “tow the party line” so he was “ostracized.” That’s pretty funny. Was there a group of designated ostracizers or did you have to report yourself to be evicted from the premises?

To have received a visit from “Rick,” this blog must be on Axelgrease’s hit list. Wow, impressive!

The fact is whether these clowns are “disappointed” in the rally or not, I was there and it was the first protest I have attended in my lifetime. It was a great, peaceable gathering, respectful and intelligent. Obama isn’t Stalin? No, but give him time. He’s just getting warmed up.

17. Judie on April 15, 2009 at 9:16 pm

I was there and I walked through and aroud the crowd the entire time. The one “Obama as Hitler” sign I saw was of course what the CNN news crew focused on. Their coverage was not representative of the spirit of the rally (big surprise). And I heard nothing but politeness from everyone…even the cops, who were firm about keeping the sidewalks clear but otherwise stayed on the sidelines. I was especially proud of my city and my country today.

18. kc on April 15, 2009 at 9:27 pm

True this, but I can’t help but think the problem has been going on a lot longer than Obama. Intrusive federal government, corporate domination, USA being the biggest supporter of ‘terrorism’ in the world – funded through our military (where 50% of our taxes go)..

Take public corporations and big media down with the bloated fed.

19. Steve Young on April 15, 2009 at 9:30 pm

Leftover bacon why would you show up at this event it was a non partisan event. When you showed up to tout Obama, Reid, and Pelosi of course you were going to be booed. You were not threatened and you are nowhere near the middle you are left of Obama and that is saying something. If you are so upset and have some much pent up anger and hostility please put together your own rally.

20. [...] BREAKING! Chicago Tax Day Tea Party Pictures! Share This [...]

21. Neo Khan on April 15, 2009 at 10:55 pm

Great Pics!!!

The sleeping giant is beginning to wake up.

:-)

22. [...] Chicago Tax Day Tea Party Pictures : Founding Bloggers By: Pam On: Apr/15/09 – BREAKING Chicago Tax Day Tea Party Pictures : Founding Bloggers. [...]

23. mike hartley on April 15, 2009 at 11:52 pm

Hey leftover bacon….you’re a DAMNED LIAR! I watched the videos of that rally, many vidoes, posted by many people, guess what? not a SINGLE, DAMNED, MORON, such as yourself…posted a video that showed you getting called names, or being harrased. But many videos supporting the fact that we were there to peacfully redress our grievances were posted. Next time, bring a damn camera to support your lying ass! Oh, and by the way…Obama is like Hitler, but even more like MARX…because that was his MENTORS (Saul Alinsky)philisopchical belief! Stop showing up on our websites and spreading your crap, you commie bastard! Today was a peaceful, and calm step in the REVOLUTIONARY process…keep pushing, and you wont see peaceful any more…Capice?

Let the REVOLUTION begin!

Mike

24. mike hartley on April 15, 2009 at 11:55 pm

Damned right! The sleeping GIANT is waking up…and He is Pissed!

Let the REVOLUTION begin!

Mike

25. leftoverbacon on April 16, 2009 at 12:04 am

Hey Folks,

I am NOT an Obama supporter, I just tried to make a point that his fascist policies are a continuation of the Bush bailout.

I just really love how if I don’t support a particular view, I’m automatically with “them.” Really mature and evolved there folks. Grow up.

I used to be a Republican until the party left me.

I’m fiscally conservative and have been for most of my life.

The Republicans of the past 10 years have been a stranger to the values that they espouse.

Really, look into your history books. This country is really starting to look like WWII Italy.

I supported Ron Paul in the primaries. He believes in the constitution, the rule of law, and a sound fiscal policy. GWB did not.

If the Republican party has no room for folks who share those ideals anymore, I obviously need to find a new party.

Fascism is not my style. Wether it’s in a Democrat or Republican wrapper, it all stinks to me.

26. mike hartley on April 16, 2009 at 12:06 am

These are excellent pictures! I was at the Florence, SC Tea Party! Only about 450- 500 people…but we area small area. So that was a lot for this area! It was great, and I just wanna say thank you to all my brothers and sisters in like thinking ! If we keep fighting, the red cloud will be pushed back! We can win this people! I will post pics of the Florence, SC Party and send a link by tomorrow! Sweet American Dreams!

Let the REVOLUTION begin!

Mike

27. mike hartley on April 16, 2009 at 12:17 am

leftoverbacon…if your point was to associate Bush with “facism”…I must have missed the point where you actually make the link. Bush wasnt the greatest President…but he was a pretty good one. I disagreed with a few things he did…but tax CUTS aren’t one of them! ANd by the way…Bush didnt start this mess! It started under the Clinton admin! Actually the case could be made that it REALLY started with that “pea” nut brain…Jimmy Carter. He is, after all the one who signed the bill that is DIRECTLY responsible for drainging this country of its prosperity..whoever heard that being lazy pays off? I was taught all my life that hard work, will, in the end, pay off iwth its just rewards. Noone deserves to own a house, unless he or she works for it.! Period, end of story! this isnt Wall Streets fault, Bush’s fault,Or our fault for not working hard enough to support those who are too damned lazy to work for what they want in life. Your point was, as I took it, to compare all conservatives with the “mean spirited” left, that we complained about all this time! And guess what? you’re wrong. This is my country, and I thinks its Totally worth fighting for! That job isnt just left to our beloved troops overseas! Its our responsibility as well! A little revolution now and then is a healthy thing! Remember that!

Let the REVOLUTION begin!

Mike

28. mike hartley on April 16, 2009 at 12:24 am

And another thing there, bacon! You say you USED to be a REPUBLICAN…Hmmm, interesting that the party left you. You claim to be a fiscal conservative…and that may be true. But, if you’re a fiscal conservative, then I can ONLY assume you’re a Social liberal! Uh, a Libertaian, perhaps? You say the party left you…in fact the party NEVER represented your views…The liberal party would have been with you on social issues. While I agree, that the Republicans abandoned its constituancy the last 3 yrs, maybe 4 yrs…I dont agree thats its over! Thats what today was all about…and you missed the bus…better run, catch while you can!

29. mike hartley on April 16, 2009 at 12:36 am

Uh, het KC…Those, big CORPORATIONS provide jobs for most of the people out here n the real world! Stop sitting around in your underwear, and please join the real world! If it werent for them, you’d be living in a society that resembled a really bad sci-fi flick,that shows everyone living in fear and in matchbox apts! And for GOD’s sake…stop dropping the acid, dude! Where the HELL do you come up with…The US is the biggest supporter of terrorism? In the back of a comic book? When was the last time you heard of an AMERICAN walking into a shopping mall with a bomb strapped to his back, screaming “Allah Akbar”? and then, detonating the damned thing….You havent! Thank you! I do, however agree with you on the MEDIA…Most of the media needs to dissapear, only because they dont know how to REALLY report the news OBJECTIVELY….CNN, MSNBC, Headline News, ABC, NBC, and CBS…can all goto hell. They proved what they were about this past election! All of the NBC camps were CAMPAIN headqaurters for that Marxist, Moron we have in the Whitehouse now!

NOTE; to Keith Olberman!
    Take a walk, find a busy street with lots of fast moving buses, and walk right in front of one for us! please?

Let the REVOLUTION begin!

Mike

30. angulimala on April 16, 2009 at 2:04 am

Who loaned the deadbeats the money to buy the houses they didn’t deserve?

31. Right Wing News on April 16, 2009 at 2:59 am

Pics From Tea Parties Across The Country…

Because there were so many tea parties and so many bloggers covering them, it really wasn’t possible for me give them all the attention they deserved. So, what I decided to do instead was post some of the best pics……

32. [...] BREAKING! Chicago Tax Day Tea Party Pictures! — UPDATE: Exclusive Video! Today, there was a brief and minor drama involving a CNN reporter and some Tea Partiers. We have posted our footage of what went down after CNN’s camera’s signed off. — Here are some shots from the tax day tea party in Chicago. [...]

33. Foxwood on April 16, 2009 at 7:15 am

Hey, Nancy? Who funds the left wing astro turf movement? Isn’t it that rich non-American Soros? If I recall, I think he funds you and your pal Harry also. No one gave me money to protest. I spent what was left from the taxes to drive to a protest, then I had to buy my own tea. Stop looking down your nose at me like your some kind of queen. I suppose we need to start eating cake now?

34. EL Rider on April 16, 2009 at 8:58 am

Judie 9:16 pm,
    I saw the same scene with CNN interviewing the guy with the Hitler/Obama sign, I wrote about that and the crowd’s reaction here: http://flyingdebris.blogspot.com/2009/04/acorn-didnt-need-to-attend-chicago-tea.html

When I read through these comments I was glad to see others call bs on “rick” or “leftoverporkbellies”, whatever (a play on the Boulder, Co. band Leftover Salmon?) because that person was not at the rally that I attended, the one in the Federal Plaza in downtown Chicago.

I did however get a kick out of this line: “When I tried to say that the Oil companies should pay for their protection forces, I was called a communist!” Okay, “Rick” (or whatever) if it makes you feel better I find absolutely no reason to call you a communist for saying or even writing that, it would make no sense. I will however call you a complete idiot for suggesting that Exxon/Mobil should field their own military force. So thanks for the laughs dude.

35. El Marco on April 16, 2009 at 10:48 am

“Evil Right Wing Extremists Who Would Destroy America Gather in Denver”

El Marco Tea Party photo essay: Text from James Delingpole, Telegraph, U.K.

James Delingpole has written a spot-on critique of the DHS/Office of Intelligence and Analysis report,
    “Rightwing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment”.
    Delingpole’s cutting article combines with El Marco’s photos to illustrate the Obama administrations folly.

36. [...] Chicago via Founding Bloggers: [...]

37. TG Chicago on April 16, 2009 at 12:12 pm

Gustavo Arpegio said: “It sounds to me as if you don’t know what you are talking about. What is wrong with “Majority ruled by minority is wrong!”?”

Well, if it’s referring to the 2000 election, where we elected a president even though more people voted for his opponent, then nothing is wrong with it.

However, I assume it’s referring to the current government. The current government was elected by a majority of voters. The current President still has the approval of a majority of Americans.

This is all obvious, so one can only wonder… are they referring to numerical minorities or racial minorities?

When you get down to it, they’re either complaining about being ruled by numerical minorities, which is clearly false, or they’re being racist.

Blindly stupid or simply racist? You make the call! Either way I find it troubling.

(that said, I want to reiterate that this was one sign among many, and I am only indicting one person in the crowd of this particular stupidity or racism)

38. Jen on April 16, 2009 at 12:30 pm

Great photos!! I was at the one in Rancho, CA. LOVED IT! Great turn out and a fun crowd.

39. Antônio Dias on April 16, 2009 at 12:51 pm

Hold on America – If the land of freedoom (believe me – in comparison wiht south america,e. g., you guys still have the privilege of living in a free “world”) falls, the hope also falls.

Support Mr. Berg and so many others who are trying to hit this fake president of yours.

Best regards from Brazil (60% of all we earn down here goes to our “making a chage” (turning Brazil into Cuba) “L”eader).

Obama the candidate of fear by the brazilian genius Olavo de Carvalho http://www.olavodecarvalho.org/english/articles/081024dc_en.html

40. Antônio Dias on April 16, 2009 at 12:53 pm

Best regards from Brazil (60% of all we earn down here goes to our “making a chage” (turning Brazil into Cuba) “L”eader)…

41. [...] this one too, from Chicago rally by founding bloggers (via Michelle Malkin who has a great [...]

42. Boots on April 16, 2009 at 2:49 pm

I was at the Tea Party yesterday in Chicago at Federal Plaza, the first political protest I’ve ever attended. Rode the train in from the suburbs, with lots of other middle class/middle of the road folks who were also on the way to their first protest. The vibe on the train was fun, festive, and standing room only, the train was packed. During the events on-stage at the tea party rally, one of the speakers, a local radio host, started to get personal in his remarks when he brought up Obama, and people in the crowd around me started shouting him down. The crowd did not want to hear personal attacks on anybody, they wanted to hear solutions to the financial crisis facing us and our kids. Anybody who says this event was filled with “right-wing brownshirt extremists” wasn’t really there.

43. Tea Party Results « BIJENKORF:beehive on April 16, 2009 at 4:00 pm

[...] Chicago via Founding Bloggers: [...]

44. Elena Maza on April 16, 2009 at 4:01 pm

Best and funniest placards I’ve seen so far. Great photos too. Congratulations, Chicago TEA party!

45. chocolatepie on April 16, 2009 at 4:12 pm

The American taxpayers are the Jews for Obama’s ovens

Subtlety fail!

46. [...] CNN “reporter” Susan Roesgen harassed protesters yesterday at the Chicago Tax Day Tea Party Protest. Susan slammed the event for being “anti-government,” “anti-CNN,” and [...]

47. Melissa Michaels on April 16, 2009 at 9:19 pm

Good job http://www.foundingbloggers.com!!! This was the ACTUAL story and the main stream media is in SERIOUS denial about these events to their peril. They wonder why they can’t beat FOX and this is why!!!

48. Rafaël Albani on April 17, 2009 at 1:35 pm

Great job!

Salute from Rio Grande do Sul, southern Brazil!

49. bun dem on April 17, 2009 at 3:57 pm

shut down the communist news network!