(Video) Chicago Tea Party In-Depth Report, CNN Saga And All!

April 24, 2009

UPDATE: Our original clip which CNN fraudulently forced YouTube to take down in a vain attempt to silence us, has been restored!! Click here to see the coverage CNN tried BUT FAILED to disappear.

Doing the job that CNN and the other mainstream outlets refuse to do. Here is our in-depth video report from the Chicago Tax Day Tea Party. Enjoy the clip now while you can, before CNN uses its lawyers to blindfold you, the viewer.

Highlights include:

(:27) The on-air segment that CNN does not want us to show you

(3:00) A search for Tea Party Democrats

(3:45) A quick examination of the mocking use of the term “Teabagging” by mainstream media outlets

(7:05) A former soviet refugee who has a warning for America

Also, just in case YouTube obstructs our rights at CNN’s behest, we have uploaded the video to Blip too.

Tags: , , , , , ,

33 Responses to (Video) Chicago Tea Party In-Depth Report, CNN Saga And All!

1. BackwardsBoy on April 24, 2009 at 10:48 am

An excellent and level-headed report. You are to be commended. This is the kind of reporting that the MSM should be doing instead of deriding the opinions of their fellow citizens and casting the Tea Party movement in a negative light.
    My experience at our local Party was very similar to what your report shows. Americans from all walks of life calmly expressing their views on a serious subject.

2. Phil on April 24, 2009 at 12:00 pm

The Russian gentleman is unfortunately right. I immigrated from Czechoslovakia 30 years ago so I can relate. If you punish the “producers” for being productive, the cease to be so. Then your only recourse is to compel by force people to work for the state. Then your end up with 2 classes of people. The ruling bureaucrats who live a country club lifestyle and everyone else, who are poor and essentially slaves for the government.

The Obama language is identical to the Russian communist propaganda from the early 20th century. God help us.

3. EL Rider on April 24, 2009 at 1:03 pm

Great video. I linked to your first video of Roesgen as an addition to my photos of the incident, taken from next to Norman the CNN victim here:

4. Man in the Middle on April 24, 2009 at 2:18 pm

Not only were there Democrats are the Chicago Tea Party, two of the speakers were Democrats.

Even the most fervent leftist can be concerned about the corruption and waste involved in the bailouts under both recent presidents making it impossible to find money for social programs they favor, such as nationalized health care.

Even my ACLU lawyer fervent Democrat sister wants there still to be a free country for her grandchildren to enjoy, so the Tea Party movement isn’t just for conservatives.

Some of us there remembered Ross Perot and all his charts from 1992, and agreed everything Ross warned about then is of even more concern now.

5. JeanE on April 24, 2009 at 5:38 pm

Very good report- thanks for making the effort to find out what was really going on.

6. Who Needs the MSM? | Washington’s Wake on April 24, 2009 at 8:40 pm

[...] is FoundingBloggers in-depth video report on the recent Tea Party in Chicago. It contains the footage that CNN is desperate to censor, as [...]

7. Carroll on April 25, 2009 at 3:30 pm

This video was very well done and if only the MSM would do this for their evening news I might watch it again. I encourage you to keep doing what you are doing, it is making a difference, one person at a time.

8. HumbleRuth on April 27, 2009 at 3:43 pm

Here is a good catching one from Tea Party:

One Big Awful Mistake America (OBAMA)

9. Joan on April 29, 2009 at 10:11 am

I attended a Tea Party in Tucson Arizona. I came back proud of my fellow countrymen. I’ve never really protested anything before but I am scared now and I have committed to a long and unpopular fight.

There is a Protest scheduled for October 2 in Washington DC. I’ll be there and I hope to see all of you there as well.

10. [...] (Pic from GaltsList blog ) For those who are not yet aware, CNN correspondent Susan Roesgen executed a journalistic hit-job at the main Chicago tea party on April 15, 2009. The web site FoundingBloggers.com (see the same link) had recorded additional footage of Ms. Rosegen having a bit of a “come to Jesus” meeting with a few other tea partyers (here’s an updated video of the saga to date). [...]

11. Travis Wise on April 30, 2009 at 10:42 pm

The tea parties were great but the only sure fire way to change the washington crowd is to vote out of office each election the incumbant. Rotate the bums out no more staying
    there for 30 or 40 years.

12. [...] This is fairly old news but in case you missed it, a tip of the hat, a pat on the back, a “thumbs up” and an atta boy goes to the Founding Bloggers for their Chicago Tea Party coverage. The Chicago Tea Party was the one where CNN Reporter (and I use that term very loosely) Susan Roesgen decided she was there to debate fiscal policy rather than be a journalist. But the Founding Bloggers were there too so we get to see the whole picture below. [...]

13. The Sojourner on May 9, 2009 at 7:36 pm

CNN was right not to publish something like this alright. Just as I always said, only right-wingers are convinced by right-wingers who spread the paranoia and the idiocracy around. I bet you won’t even approve this post. Just wait until I finish writing about the tea party. And I will make sure to post ALL these videos. I’m going to educate people what wrong with these videos.

14. GW on May 11, 2009 at 1:09 pm

I attended the Tea Party. I had a very good experience also. I attened only because I don’t think it’s right to spread my hard earned cash. I was shocked the next day what people were saying. I think people are looking at this in the wrong way. Or maybe it’s the ones who like to do nothing but sit at home and collect paychecks. I wake up everyday and go to work to provide for my family and I’m sure that goes for evey other American. Excluding the ones who want to sit and collect pay checks monthly it’s much easier. I’m already paying them to do that. And then someone says that I have to give more. Are you serious!!! I don’t mind helping people who are having hard times. Sure we all will fit in that catagory one day. But to take advantage of it, I don’t think so!

15. Jason on May 12, 2009 at 10:00 am

I loved this and all your Tea Party videos because of their transparency…which is what our current administration is suppose to be, right?

I even used some of your footage from Chicago in a short video I did…hope you don’t mind. Keep up the great work!

16. The Sojourner on May 25, 2009 at 2:30 pm

Hello Rich People earning more than 250,000 a year. I thank you for posting my previous comment.

and as I promise, here is the Article I dedicated to the TEA party as well. Enjoy Teabaggers!

17. Blaquestone on May 25, 2009 at 11:51 pm

This is the first time I’ve come across foundgbloggers, and I must say that I’m glad the entire story was shown here and on YouTube… I watched CNN’s “100 Days of Obama” tribute, and when one person began saying negative things– and yes, they were very negative, but she was being calm and not violent about it– CNN cut to commercial and went on as if nothing had happened. Seeing things like this worry me, because there are definite trends I see the country going in that have played out before in history.

Also, Sojourner: I read your article. I appreciate the idea that an American can speak up, and not have their voice censored into uselessness. Yours, as well as the others who that reporter didn’t ignore, but passed over so that her company’s views would be expressed, and not that of the people as a whole.

Keep it up, foundingbloggers. I’ll definitely be coming back for more.

18. The Sojourner on May 26, 2009 at 8:07 pm

@ Blaquestone: It’s a good thing you’re coming back for more. Thanks for the, appreciation on my Blog, but if you actually read the full context of it, you’d be pretty pissed.

Yeah, the reporter might have overlooked and discontinued the reporting, she has the reason to. Did you see how that guy stuttered and rendered speechless (the one who’s explaining some Lincoln stuff) after the CNN reporter told him about his qualifications on tax breaks? Funny.

19. Joseph Duckworth on May 30, 2009 at 12:51 am

I would like it if this sorry piece of crap was kicked off the air, along with the hole entire CNN news cast. I am a 15 year old american, and if I had to do tax’s I wouldn’t pay… Taxation without representation. Obama is not the president, he isn’t had any proof to prove he is American other than his word… The funny thing is she dissed Fox News calling it bias when she just made a rant on tv about the “Hate Mongers of America!”
    A sheep herder moves the sheep were he wants them. The sheep have no say in the matter, they just blindly do what they are told. My message to the government is “Don’t Be A Sheep”

From the mind of a Conservative Kid.

20. The Sojourner on May 30, 2009 at 2:02 am

And WOW. Obama is not the President huuuh? Proof to prove citizenship huh? What are you? Some kind of a super seer know-it-all that you know things that the Customs, FBI, CIA, and Homeland Security don’t know?
    ———–
    Portions of this comment has been deleted by Admin.
    It is bad form to flame a 15 year old.
    Please feel free to restate the message in a civil manner and it will be re-posted.

21. The Sojourner on May 30, 2009 at 2:04 am

This comment has been deleted by Admin.
    It is bad form to flame a 15 year old.

22. Donna on June 11, 2009 at 10:55 am

Ican not believe that i am just now hearing and seeing this, i think that it is great what you all are doing and it is so long over due, we are family has been wanting to see the americans do the million people march lets take our country back because we can. Lets me know on the next one and we will be their.

23. JoeR on July 10, 2009 at 1:33 am

Sojourner: From the way you write, I get the impression that you are neither a natural born citizen nor a naturalized citizen. Is English your second language by chance?

BTW – to discover why the CNN reporter referred to the “State of Lincoln”, you might study a little US history. Begin with Wikipedia and search on “Lincoln.”

24. Deborah on July 10, 2009 at 3:21 pm

I have been a flaming liberal for most of my 62 yrs. I now have lost almost 60% of the monies set aside for my retirement. I will live a hand to mouth existense in my golden years. Now I am hearing about the cost per american for taxes of possibly thousands of dollars a year. I don’t have a couple thou a year extra. I am really scared that my persistent and deathly fear of becoming a bag lady may come to pass if the current administration and congress get their way.
    I no longer have a political affliation, I am just and old woman trying to save her butt and secure a decent future for her grandchildren.
    With air fares so cheap maybe I can go to DC in October, it might be a lot cheaper than doing nothing.

25. [...] More on that here. [...]

26. Bud on July 22, 2009 at 10:35 am

Other than waiting to vote these fools out of office and waiting to vote for the next lying politician, what else can Americans do? Cal our lying representative in our state? Write a letter to the assistant to the representative in our state that writes our proposed bills ( because they are the ones who write them without our congressional representative even reading them) Oh and what about the whole, oh I dont know ( LINE ITEM VETO) that will never get passed because the lying,thieving,power grubbing crooks in our government will never let the American people really vote?

It is all a sham and we know it. TRULY, WHAT ELSE CAN WE REALLY DO? HOW CAN WE REALLY CHANGE OUR GOVERNMENT MAKE UP? WILL SOME LAWYER OR SOMEONE SMARTER THAN ME EXPLAIN THE LEGALITIES OF THAT?

27. Robert on September 18, 2009 at 9:51 pm

hey I was the one in the video with president obama written on the communist flag. How can I get a copy of that video?

28. Ed Driscoll » Too Much Decline For CNN To Hide on December 28, 2009 at 10:46 pm

[...] the downside, CNN (-30%) fell more than any other cable network.” Huh. Can’t imagine [...]

29. baal on March 27, 2010 at 5:41 pm

The correct response to the term “tea bagger” is the term “Barack Sucker.”

30. [...] And speaking of visuals, back in the States, during the initial period of the Iraq War, CNN didn’t meet a political protest it didn’t like. That all changed last year: [...]

31. [...] slur last year to insult half the country. Their in-field reporter was fired after she inserted herself into the story by insulting those attending the April 15th tea party in Chicago last [...]

32. [...] Warner Brothers of course, are the second half of the business entity Time-Warner, which also owns as part of its conglomeration of businesses CNN. In 2009, CNN tried to claim a copyright violation over the video shot by an individual of the Tea Partiers grilling then CNN “reporter” Susan Roesgen, until the guys at Founding Bloggers fought for their clip to be restored at YouTube. [...]

33. Eddie M. on June 30, 2010 at 7:27 pm

CNN is shorthand for Certainly Not News. This clip proves they are more interested in sensationalism and controversy.