We Found A Tea Party Democrat!

February 6, 2010

Ladies and gentleman, despite the mainstream media’s attempt to paint the entire Tea Party movement with a broad monotone brush, the facts betray the bias.

Meet Tea Party Democrat Jack Wilson. He is running for Congress in Maryland as an independent!

IMG_0522

He’s was a union guy his whole life, and calls himself a JFK Democrat. He passionately believes the Democrat party he once knew is gone, and now he finds more common ground with the Tea Party than the Democrat party.

We filmed an interview with him which we will post at some point in the future.

Tags:

14 Responses to We Found A Tea Party Democrat!

1. [...] a Tea Party Democrat. “Meet Tea Party Democrat Jack Wilson. He is running for Congress in Maryland as an [...]

2. Buzz on February 6, 2010 at 9:06 pm

I don’t know the gentleman, so his intentions may very well be sincere. But all he’s going to do running in that district is siphon votes from a fiscally conservative Republican who has a very good chance of winning. The guy narrowly lost in 2008 after knocking out a Scozzofava-type incumbent (Wayne Gilchrest) in the primary.

So this is basicly like the tea party running against Doug Hoffman if he’s the republican nominee this fall, giving the tax-and-spend dem a free ride. Not exactly the best way to accomplish the goal of a fiscally sane congress.

3. JoeInVegas on February 6, 2010 at 11:22 pm

Yeah right.

Not buying it from a democrat.

Any farther down in the polls and Harry Reid will be running as a teabagger errr Tea Party candidate.

4. charles on February 7, 2010 at 1:19 am

watched Sarah, at the convention… I thought the tea party was going to be a grass roots effort not a lead effort.. and believe me Sarah has been trying all to hard to lead the Tea Party. I agreed with everything she had to say.. the difference is she had it all written down and just like during the election season she seems so rehearsed and thought out.. It just does not seem to come from her heart.
    If she meant it, then why the hell did she endorse McCain. She is just trying to Use the tea partiers. I guess I should not be so hard on her. I like Palin. What turned me off of Palin is she is fake. I know she is fake becuase she has been so quick to throw People under the bus.. and she is always using her family as political tools.. Rahm Emanuel says Retard and she throws her poor baby into the mix, Rush says Retard and she says nothing. Nothing Maverick about this Politician. She needs to go home and take care of her kids. I am a Tea Party Goer., but I guess normal people have no say with this movement accourding to the 500 dollar fee, or Sarahs Speaking fee of 100k. Huckabee Was against all the bail outs unlike her., He would be more Tea Partyest than this so called “Maverick” She is not more qualified than Obama to be pres. She didnt even finish her commitment to the people of Alaska, instead opting to further her political career and pocket book.

That was a campaign speech, and not very well delivered. “Run Sarah Run”…..Where have I heard that before?…Wait…oh yeah, “run Forrest run”.

She just seems to be contradict herself Just a few weeks ago on Hannity she told him that the tea party shouldn’t “splinter” the republican vote. But tonight she sent a mixed message by saying Todd was no longer a Republican… which sends a contradictive message of what she said on Hannity. I see through Sarah. Just like I saw through Obama.

5. zombyboy on February 7, 2010 at 4:36 am

“Not buying it from a democrat.”

Tell you what: if Zel Miller were running for office right now, it wouldn’t surprise me at all to see him running as an independent and it wouldn’t surprise me to see him talking to the Tea Party folks.

Just sayin’.

6. wildwood on February 7, 2010 at 8:19 am

“I like Palin. What turned me off of Palin is she is fake. I know she is fake becuase she has been so quick to throw People under the bus.” YOU ARE A TROLL.

7. Conservatives vs Tea Partiers? « Olliander on February 7, 2010 at 10:00 am

[...] vs Tea Partiers? February 7, 2010 Olliander Leave a comment Go to comments An interesting post over at Founding [...]

8. Snowed In on February 7, 2010 at 11:02 am

A agree with Buzz. In MD 1, we have a solid conservative Republican, Andy Harris, running again after a narrow loss to a Pelosi lap dog last year. If this is where Mr. Wilson is planning his independent run, it demonstrates the fracturing possibilities of the Tea Party.
    Beware of opportunists, no matter how well they may be intentioned.

9. Instinct on February 7, 2010 at 11:23 am

Charles, don’t you have a bridge to go back under?? Or another post on LGF to write?

10. Buzz on February 7, 2010 at 11:39 am

Zell Miller probably would run as an independant if he ran for office (due to his age I sincerely doubt he’ll be running for anything). But he probably wouldn’t run in a scenario where he would be taking votes away from a republican who agrees with him on all the big issues, and is in a tight race.

Of course R nominee isn’t set yet, so Mr. Wilson may be sticking his foot in now to make sure there is at least one fiscally responsible person running. But if Andy Harris is the R nominee again and Wilson still stays in, that’ll make two. The D incumbent is a fake “Blue Dog” who will play moderate until he’s firmly entrenched, and will help ensure that Pelosi remains speaker in the meantime. If they don’t take the guy out now it’ll be another 20 years before they get another good crack at him.

11. Snowed In on February 7, 2010 at 12:10 pm

Going back to Teddy Roosevelt, there has never been a successful third party candidate. Santelli coined the term Tea Party as a refection of the 1770s, not in the context of Dem Party or Repub Party. I believe the idea should be to unite behind the candidate, R or D, who best reflects the ideals and goals of the Tea movement. Fight it out in primarys, not splintering the vote in the national elections. The national leadership is not going to change if a weak D wins over a weaker R because there was a T siphoning votes.

12. Snowed In on February 7, 2010 at 12:17 pm

Apologies. Last line should read, “weak D loses to an R, because there was a T siphoning votes.” I was thinking of 10 miles to my west where Steny Hoyer is King and a weak, weak R would be the better choice to get behind.

13. Mike C on February 7, 2010 at 7:40 pm

I’d invite Mr. Wilson to move a little down the road to my district, represented by Chris “The Weathervane” Van Hollen. I bet he’d pull off a lot of Dem votes.

14. [...] the fact more of my party’s members are joining citizen activists groups across the country. Founding Bloggers has found a Tea Party Democrat, Jack Wilson, who is so engaged he is running for c…. HillBuzz, a group of independent Democrats, is assisting California from afar! This team, who has [...]