Warning: sem_get() [function.sem-get]: failed for key 0x152b: No space left on device in /usr/www/users/blogmarc/foundingbloggers/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/wp-cache/wp-cache-phase2.php on line 98
AP Outrage! Egg throwing = “Hospitality” | Founding Bloggers

AP Outrage! Egg throwing = “Hospitality”

March 28, 2010

Yesterday in Searchlight, Nevada, supporters of Senator Harry Reid deliberately misdirected traffic in an attempt to confuse would-be Tea Partiers.  One of those who was successfully misdirected was Andrew Breitbart, whom Time Magazine has recently dubbed “The Right’s New Loudmouth.”  When they realized exactly who they had ensnared,  they surrounded him, accused him of being a racist, threatened violence, blocked cameras that were accompanying him, and threw eggs at his person.  As a final courtesy, they called the police and told them that it was Breitbart who had thrown eggs and who had provoked an incident.  You wouldn’t know this had happened if you rely upon the Associated Press for your news – in fact, you would have read this:

Reid supporters set up a hospitality tent Saturday in the parking lot of a Searchlight casino, about a mile from the tea party rally.

You may read the entire article here.

The AP seems to have confused “hospitality” with “hostility.”  They also seem to be unaware of the blogosphere and that they cannot get away with this kind of dereliction any longer.  If you would like to let them know what you think of this kind of reporting, you can do so here.

Below is an image of a Reid supporter serving up a heap of Nevada “hospitality”

reid hospitality

Regarding Andrew Breitbart, this gentleman said, “Get him out of here or I’m going to jail today.”

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

21 Responses to AP Outrage! Egg throwing = “Hospitality”

1. Joe Pein on March 28, 2010 at 2:00 pm

Go ahead. Make my day. Lock him up.

2. seabee2 on March 28, 2010 at 4:19 pm

Big Mouth

Big Belt Buckle

Little couth

Breithbart would eat him for breakfast

3. commoncents on March 28, 2010 at 8:00 pm

They are terrified. good.

Breithbart will have a fantastic week in the media!!!

Too bad that idiot didn’t get his wish (“going to jail today”).

4. [...] tonight after work, and I am just too PO’d right now. This post by Donald Douglas, featuring this ass clown, really set my temper off. The AP seems to have confused “hospitality” with “hostility.”  [...]

5. Truth Seeker on March 28, 2010 at 9:38 pm

If there video of his statement, or are we going to trust the media to accurately portray what he is saying.

6. TeeCee on March 28, 2010 at 11:49 pm

I let the AP know what I think. Sent this a few minutes ago–

Once up a time you could count on the AP to report the truth….but not for the last 14 months. I can’t figure out if it’s that you don’t have the resources to investigate both sides of a story before it’s reported, or if it’s a lack of intellectual and professional integrity.

The internet/blogsphere gets to the truth…often with video/audio evidence…and exposes it to millions of people often in direct contradiction to your so called reporting.

Were you being sarcastic when you reported that Reid supporters set up a “hospitality” tent? Misdirecting traffic, hostility, threats of violence, egg throwing, and giving a false report to the police was the reality.

I would advise the AP to stop misrepresenting events to further an agenda. That is not your function in this republic. Leave that to the cut throat politicians. Your job is to report the truth and let the chips fall where they may.

Sincerely, T. Lott

PS Please don’t send me a form email thanking me for my input. It just adds to the other junk in my box.

7. berserker59 on March 29, 2010 at 12:44 am

AP is the best news source available to you. You believe Fox is a news source, but it isn’t.
    Guardian and BBC make shame of US media. Our media is a disgrace

8. Hart Williams on March 29, 2010 at 1:24 am

Guys: that “Tea Party Express Bus” is about as “grass roots” as the national political conventions are “spontaneous.”

If you’re angry, that’s fine. Just don’t get conned by the very people who MADE YOU ANGRY in the first place.

9. TruthBTold on March 29, 2010 at 10:37 am

The tea parties are about lower taxes, and less governmental intrusion into our lives. I don’t see how that’s a “con”, and no matter who’s driving the bus I don’t see how crowds of people getting together to support that goal is a bad thing.

BBC is a biased bunch just as the AP is. It’s government supported just like NPR and is made up of 90% liberals. The people of Britain know that.

Did you even read this story? If you did than how can you possibly say AP is unbiased or accurate? What is your excuse for their biased reporting? What about CNN’S inaccurate “dozens of people” attending? Are you paid leftist bloggers or something?

10. Jason D on March 29, 2010 at 1:18 pm

The left is extremely intolerant.

11. [...] vehicles and individuals, including the totally awesome Andrew Breitbart. Hell, according to the AP that sort of thing apparently counts as a warm welcome. Of course had a single egg found it’s way FROM a Tea Party person the screaming would have been [...]

12. [...] is a smidge of our video from Saturday’s Tea Party Express coverage in Searchlight, Nevada. The AP calls this a hospitality tent. We call it destruction of property and assault. Either way, this is Harry Reid’s Democrat [...]

13. Gateway Pundit on March 29, 2010 at 8:17 pm

[...] egg the Tea Party Express Bus and threaten Andrew Breitbart. Founding Bloggers posted video: The AP called this a hospitality tent. That’s some [...]

14. [...] is a smidge of our video from Saturday’s Tea Party Express coverage in Searchlight, Nevada. The AP calls this a hospitality tent. We call it destruction of property and assault. Either way, this is Harry Reid’s Democrat Party. [...]

15. TeeCee on March 29, 2010 at 10:16 pm

I read newspapers and several different blogs so I’ve noticed the discrepancy between what the AP writes and what is widely reported on the net from multiple sources. I don’t have/want cable so I rarely see Fox News segments except on YouTube. Fox does have journalists not just political pundits. I agree, berserker, that our national news is a disgrace…especially the liberal mouthpieces.

16. Lester Dent on March 29, 2010 at 11:03 pm

Here is what I sent the AP:

I spent 28 years in the newspaper industry in the SF Bay Area, but I have rarely seen a more deliberately myopic report than the description of the activities of the Sen. Reid supporters in your March 27 piece. Your reporters certainly had information (and available video) of those supporters throwing eggs at the passing Tea Party Express busses, as well as their efforts to misdirect people seeking the real event. Instead, you characterize their actions as setting up a “hospitality tent.”

Is this what reporting at the AP has devolved into? Are you so partisan that you omit interesting facts that actually might help your clients sell some papers? When a news service deliberately ignores the interesting aspects of an event out of partisan protectionism, it makes clear why the legacy media (newspapers, network news, news services) are dying. When your business model is trumped by your political partisanship, and your professional ethics are subsumed to this same partisanship, you lose both credibility and marketability.

I sat through too many strategy meetings where editors and officers puzzled out why readership was falling; when I suggested that it might be the bias of the reporting, I just got blank stares. Circulation execs generally understood this, since they deal with the public, but the newsroom and publishers simply refused to acknowledge it. And so, one by one, they fail.

I love newspapers and think they are very important to our society, but if an industry wants to commit suicide there’s not much you can do to stop it.

Lester Dent

17. Michael Chaney on March 29, 2010 at 11:39 pm

Hopefully you were being facetious, but if not let me explain that a “gentleman” is a specific kind of “man”. This was a man.

18. [...] other side, we have BREAKING VIDEO: Reid Supporters Throwing Eggs And Assaulting Andrew Breitbart. The AP calls this a hospitality tent. We call it destruction of property and assault. Either way, this is Harry Reid’s Democrat Party. [...]

19. C. Berry on March 30, 2010 at 10:15 am

I would bet the people that were against the Tea Party people were union organized. SEIU or some other.Those guys really didn’t look like they were there for their love of Harry Reid!!!

20. TeeCee on March 30, 2010 at 9:47 pm

I love newspapers, too, but it’s getting harder and harder to sift the chaff from the wheat. I’m thankful there are other, more honest sources.

21. Izzy on April 13, 2010 at 5:20 am

One has to wonder about the mentality level of these union hacks. They act like a donkey chasing a carrot on a string. Really, do they think they are helping Reid? And….what IS the media so afraid of that it has to report lies and half truths?

Nevada’s economy is one of the worst in the country. Can people really afford to deter tourists from visiting Las Vegas and/or Reno with their idiotic, hateful political stunts? I, for one, will not be taking my yearly trip to NV. Why subject myself to violent, hateful, egg throwing fools? Or any other wacko that thinks Reid is a swell guy.

Lose – lose for Nevada. They have the consummate liar Reid and his goon squad of union thugs intimidating people. Real brave people….NOT!